If you need to give a new look to your home but don’t feel like getting into building work and all that that entails, dry reforms are a way to do it more cost effectively, while also reducing the mess, inconvenience and the time taken to carry them out.
At WeRelocate BCN we explain what this type of renovation consists of so that you can give your home a fresh look without the need for building work.
Dry reforms are those works and reforms that are carried out to improve or renovate a home, in which no wet elements are used during the process, hence its name. In this type of work, elements that can be nailed, glued or fitted together are used, avoiding all the inconvenience of dirt and debris of a traditional reform.
In a dry reform a variety of materials can be used, the most common among them being plasterboard, as well as others such as wood, metal panels, vinyl coverings, laminate flooring, etc..
Dry renovations have a number of advantages:
- They are carried out more quickly. As wet elements are not used there is less waiting time and dampness.
- They are much easier and cleaner, since there is no dust or debris, which also allows the owners to be in the house more easily while the work is being done.
- Dry renovations are cheaper, as less material and fewer cleaning products are needed.
Some of the works that can be carried out through a dry reform are:
- Changing wall coverings: with vinyl coverings that can be used to renovate bathrooms and kitchens.
- Renovating floors: with vinyl flooring or other materials such as wood or hydraulic tiles.
- Adding partitions or furniture with plasterboard.
Although in principle these seem like simple jobs that we can do ourselves, it is always best to turn to professionals in order to get a renovation done properly.