The electricity distribution companies in our country are in charge of replacing the meters and at first, they have to make the change, communicating it previously to the consumers. In WeRelocateBCN we tell you how these new meters affect the control of our consumption.
The changes of the electricity meters are totally free, and the electricity distributors are the ones who have to install the meter, as well as charge the rent and take care of the maintenance. On the other hand, the marketing company is the one that issues the bill where the electricity consumption appears.
When the distribution company is going to change the meter, you have to be present in the house if you have a private meter, if the meter is in a common area, you do not have to be present. Likewise, the company must send the consumption reading when the change has been made and from then on, make the reading with the new meter.
Advantages for customers
Initially these new meters have a number of advantages for customers:
- From now on, the readings will no longer be estimated, but the real consumption data will be sent directly to the distributor.
- The technology applied for these new meters, is much more precise and indicates the kilowatts per hour consumed in an efficient way.
- Customers will be able to contract a rate with hourly discrimination without having to adapt the meter.
- With the new digital meters, the information about the consumption of each house is much more complete.
So that the user can take advantage of the new digital meters and get the most out of them, it is important to choose well the power that they have to contract, according to the needs of the household taking into account:
- the number of people living in the home
- the number of electronic devices in the home
- the size of the home