Although moving into a new home is always a source of excitement, the truth is that moving home is usually one of the most stressful tasks we can face in life. But with a lot of planning and these tips from WeRelocate BCN, your move is sure to be a success.
Define the list of tasks
As we have said, planning is absolutely fundamental, and it is best to draw up a list so that you are able to check that you are covering all the issues you need to think about related to the move:
● Search for a specialized company, if we are planning to use professional movers. We should request several quotes, where we can check both the price and the services that are included.
● Buy the necessary packing materials: boxes, bubble wrap, bags, adhesive tape, labels, etc.
● Decide on the date of the move.
● Find transportation and permits (if needed) to be able to make the move, if we are doing it on our own.
● Cancel the utilities in the old house and register the new one, as well as make the change of address.
Review everything we have in our old house.
When we go to pack everything up, it’s time to decide what things we’re taking and what stays, and of the latter, determine what we’re going to throw away and what we can donate.
It is advisable to establish different days to pack each room, so we can go through the process little by little, thus avoiding chaos and feeling overwhelmed. It is best to use differed coloured labels to define which boxes belong to each room, making it easier when it comes to locating our belongings and unpacking everything once we arrive at our new home. As well as this, it is useful to make an inventory so that nothing gets left behind.
Prepare a basic kit
Think about everything you are going to need during the first few days in your new home and prepare a suitcase with the basics: documentation, clothes for a couple of days, bed linen, a toiletry bag and a first-aid kit.
If on top of moving you are also moving house from a different city, and you need special services, our agency offers a relocation service to facilitate your move and all the procedures and requirements that this entails. This way you can start afresh in your new home from the very first day with everything organized and taken care of.