Barcelona not only offers all the advantages of a great capital city, but we can also find many natural places close by to enjoy with all the family.
WeRelocateBCN offers you the following suggestions to get out into nature and recharge your batteries.
- Montseny Natural Park: one of the main parks in the province of Barcelona, with its emblematic Montseny, the park has different itineraries and routes, and also organizes various activities with workshops, courses and guided tours that can be enjoyed by all members of the family.
- Montnegre i el Corredor Park: together with the Montseny, another essential park in the province of Barcelona, where you can go hiking in its breadth of 15,000 hectares. Also in this park is the dolmen of Vallgorguina, a megalithic monument that shouldn’t be missed.
- Montserrat Massif: to the west of the Llobregat River and 30 km from the centre of Barcelona, this massif rises up where the sanctuary of the Benedictine monastery of Montserrat is located at the top. Here, children can admire the landscape from a viewpoint and explore different hiking routes.
- Baix Llobregat Agricultural Park: this park, as its name suggests, is more focused on agriculture and helps children to discover the world of active tourism, where they will not only find out about agricultural activities but also the different agricultural and fluvial ecosystems of this area of Barcelona.
- Fumanya: another alternative excursion, but further away from the natural parks, is Fumanya, a palaeontological site in the municipality of Fígols, where children can see dinosaur footprints from more than 65 million years ago, and enjoy the exhibition and the different workshops specially designed for them. As an extra activity, you can visit the Cercs Mine Museum in an unsual train.
All these rural locations, and many more, give us the opportunity to do something different with the little ones at this time of year.